Tuesday 29 July 2014

The Shades Of Grey

I sit with a million hearts pounding around me, residing in flesh and bones puffing air in and out. I can hear them when I close my eyes and sit in silence. I try to match their pace, I lag behind. I try to catch up, I fall further behind. I feel like I am running towards something vague at the other end. It seems closer than it actually is. As I reach out to hold it, it vanishes and I feel a strong grip around my throat. Something from a dark hole sneaks behind. I can just see the shadow, it is pitch black and too small. It approaches near, I can feel my blood getting colder. The shadow grows bigger. I can feel the grip around my neck getting stronger, I am losing sight of what I almost caught hold of. I feel choked as it pulls me towards itself inside the darkness. The gravity is too strong to resist. I try hard to fight but it is all in vain. The hands are too strong, the battle is draining me of my strength. There is a sudden weakness and the light of my life seems to flicker. All my life plays like a movie in front of my slit-wide eyes. The pain is severing and seems unbearable. It peaks and then, it is all gone to dust. The grip loosens and the pain eases. It all calm, I am not scared. I feel like I can breathe now, but just don't feel the necessity to do so. It feels light and calm. The light is no more and it is only darkness that surrounds me. I am not scared. This darkness is not fearsome, it gives me solace, it soothes me, it is a bliss. My lashes seem to heavy to open, the slits are now closed. I feel drowsy. There is no fatigue, just sleep. A long peaceful sleep.

Suddenly, I am awake. All this, just gone in a snap. I feel sweat on my brows, like it was a nightmare. It seemed so real yet far away from reality. I think about it. It was just those dark days that bred such thoughts in my head. Happens to all of us, does it not?

I starkly remember someone telling me, life is just black or white, rest of it are just shades of grey. Mine gave me solace. Find out yours.




3 comments:

  1. there are a lot of answerable questions that generally came to mind...either at the time of holding a cup of coffee or walking down on the road...but these questions show us the shades of our life...nd make us strong to strive for the light...that light of hope and positivity...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well! What do I say?! That stuff was brilliant! Absolutely mind blowing! You have real skill, my friend! Keep up the good work! :D

    ReplyDelete